Monday, November 17, 2008

The Past Life

Well here I am again...up late...darn school! I should have been smart and finished it long ago! I decided I should put some pictures of our past life up here. As many people know we were enlisted in the US Coast Guard before moving back to lovely Boise. For a little under 5 years we lived on the Oregon Coast. I was able to experience life on a boat for 1 year and 20 days...not that I was counting! Boat life is not exactly the greatest family life so I decided to join the Aviation field and am glad I did. The friends I made on the boat were awesome and the same goes for those in the Aviation community. Maybe someday we will meet again, maybe I will have the uniform on once again. Many people know that upon getting out I joined the Air Guard and love my weekend job....I am drawn to the military life and it gives me a little glimpse every drill weekend of what I love so much! Anyways....life in the military is fun and exciting and who can say that they had an office with a view like this!


Kelli came along with us on a family cruise when I was on the USCGC Orcas(WPB-1327)Carrying line....in my gas station uniform....
This is our first house....888sq ft. This is after we painted it...it was our little beach bungalow. We lived on up the street from the river and about 15mins from the beach. What a great starter home!

They grow up really fast!
Until next time,
Joshua
PS Here are some good quotes!
“Sometimes we let our thoughts of tomorrow take up too much of today. Daydreaming of the past and longing for the future may provide comfort but will not take the place of living in the present. This is the day of our opportunity, and we must grasp it.”
Thomas S. Monson

"There is no obstacle to great, no challenge too difficult, if we have faith."
Gordon B Hinckley

1 comments:

The KnightonKlan said...

It's good to see the Allmaras family that I know and love! We sure miss you guys, your kids are so cute and growing up so fast. Cool pictures, they remind me of the good old days :) Thanks for letting us know about your blog. Knighton Fam