Monday, October 27, 2008

Being Home

Well greetings to everyone....this is Josh and I will make some posts now and then on here. What an awesome time I have been able to have with the family upon returning home. It is amazing to spend time with the loves of my life. I am such a blessed husband and father! I have a wife who is willing to put up with me and my work! I have children that are just bundles of joy, 99.8% of the time....


It was quite a long summer, longer for Kelli than me, but it is good to have it all out of the way. Now I can move forward and finish some college and pursue whatever crazy job that pops up in my sights. It was kinda interesting that on Sunday we talked about Joseph Smith and his letters to his family while he was traveling and being persecuted. It was interesting to hear alot of the comments from those in the class and then to have my own thoughts running around in my head. I, as Joseph Smith, missed my family so much while I was away. Unlike him I was not being persecuted or hurt but had it pretty easy. No waiting for letters, just a phone call or a click of the mouse away. It is amazing that when you talk to the family it takes all your worries away...when you know that all is okay the day just seems to go better.


My family is my life and I would and will do anything for them. I cannot express how much they mean to me in words, it is literally impossible. I am so grateful to know that I will be able to spend eternity with them! For those of you who have children, remember how precious they are and love them always, even if they pee on the carpet or write on the wall! They are a gift from God!


It is just awesome to be home!


"People need spiritual anchors in their lives if they are to remain steadfast and not drift into the sea of temptation and sin."
—Elder M. Russell Ballard

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Welcome home Josh, and welcome to the BLOG world. It is so good to have you back. Your family is so blessed to have you as a spiritual anchor in their life.

Chris and Mel said...

well, we definitely can relate to 'missing home'- always good to be married again! hey- Gomer, you've been tagged, so check out my blog.