Sunday, February 1, 2009

McCall Festival

So we went to McCall this weekend for the Ice festival. It was a long walk to the fun for the kids.
This slide reminded me of the Christmas story. Kids screaming all the way down. So i video taped the kids coming down but I don't know how to post video yet. But poor Ben got up to go on the other side of the sculpture and landed on his head and bruised his face. As I sat there waiting alot of people had accidents hopefully no one splits their head open!
So Cara convinced me to go down I was not really wanting to get all cold but i went anyways. My boots were so heavy I had a hard time holding up my feet. So when i got down to the bottom i looked like the abominal snow man. I was soaking wet and my hair was drenched...burr!
Ben loves to sled he had a blast going down!

Poor Katie had a hard day. She was cold the whole time. I thought she was just whining and being a girl. But when i got her back to the car, her feet were frozen and i forgot to put her layers under her coat. Her nice winter coat was in the wash so she had to wear this coat. I felt so bad!

McCall Lake
Ben and Katie crack me up. Whenever Katie is crying Ben always trys to comfort her. It is so cute. If she's in trouble and I am mad at her in the car she usually is crying and Ben reaches out to hold her hand and she calm's down. Don't get me wrong they do duke it out a lot but we do have a lot of sweet moments in our house. And no I am not picking my nose!


We got there just in time to catch some of the parade. The kids got a lot of candy and necklaces.

~ Princess Katie~


So in all we had a fun trip we wish we had had more time but we had to get back to Josh's mom's for dinner.Maybe next year we will stay overnight. And we need a map of the sculptures. we did'nt find a lot of them. But we spent a lot of time waiting in line for food! I had a huge Turkey leg and my favorite Elephant ear! We were all exhausted when we got home...very long day.

3 comments:

Daniel and Dawn said...

what a fun trip. I have always wanted to go up there during winter. i'm to scared to drive though! looks like you guys had a great time. it'll be years before we get to go now. :(

Kelli and Chad said...

Love the Festival!! I thought they had some really great sculptures this year too. Too bad we didn't see you guys there, maybe next year. You are looking really skinny by the way :)

jenn said...

I can't believe we didn't see you there! We were there at the same time and we watched the parade too. It was so fun! We stayed at our cabin in Cascade... I wish I knew you guys would be there, you are totally welcome to spend the night with us there! We actually left Friday night and didn't get home until late Monday night. All your pictures are so cute. You have such a cute family!